Thursday, September 26, 2013

Church - Why

When I reflect on my own "conversion" to Christianity, it was much differently than it was "sold" to me.

When I "accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior" and "asked Jesus in to my heart", I said the words I was told to say and I don't doubt that I was honest before God and really wanted to surrender to Him.  But, if' I'm being totally honest, as a 15 year old, insecure, pimple faced, hormone flooded boy, I really had no idea to what I was agreeing, other than I was lost and something about who God was resonated with something inside of me.

I really didn't understand what 'Jesus as Lord and Savior' meant and had no idea how someone could come 'in to your heart'.  I did understand that because I said that prayer, I was supposed to live differently.  Evidence of that is that my moral internal voice became more and more vocal and started to control more of my behavior.   I now see that as a supernatural act of what I understand as the Holy Spirit.

Often times, I reflect on my own faith and think less of my former self, but

No comments:

Post a Comment